The Frontline Worker Survey 2021
The Frontline Worker Survey 2021
Each year, hundreds of frontline workers complete our survey to share their insights and experiences and help inform action to end homelessness.
Now is the time to have your say on some of the key issues you are witnessing in your work, alongside the solutions needed to ensure that suitable, secure, affordable housing is available to all.
- Frontline workers, directly supporting people experiencing homelessness.
- Paid employees or volunteers working in the public, statutory or voluntary sector.
- In a role such as outreach, housing, social work, health, or probation.
- Based in England, Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland.
Why Your Voice Matters
Listening to lived and frontline experience is crucial to addressing homelessness. Last year 930 frontline workers responded to our survey, 1 in 6 of whom had also previously used or currently use homelessness services themselves.
We are committed to sharing our findings and recommendations with a range of decision makers in local and national government and across the homelessness sector. We do this through:
- Reports – take a look at last year's Annual Frontline Worker Survey 2020 report and Executive Summary which we shared with colleagues in the sector and relevant members of UK parliament.
- Presentations – we launched the survey results at our Annual Conference and have also shared findings at other events such Cymorth Cymru's panel event on “Valuing our key workers”.
- Consultations – learning from the Frontline Worker Survey has been submitted in response to relevant consultations and calls for evidence relating to homelessness across the four nations.
Additionally, the insights you share directly inform our work as the Frontline Network. For example, evidence shaped the sessions we hosted in our Annual Conference and helped us to identify priority areas for offering training and funding new partners.
This year's questions cover issues ranging from the ease of accessing accommodation, to the impact of recent changes such as the withdrawal of the £20 uplift to Universal Credit in October, through to questions about staff wellbeing and organisational support. We hope the survey will highlight good practice and what works, but also be honest about the challenges faced so that these can be addressed.
How to take part
We estimate the survey will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Questions with a * are compulsory, questions without can be skipped if they are not relevant to you or you do not have comments to share.
Results will be anonymous. You can view our privacy notice here. If you choose to name an organisation as an example of best practice, we may follow up with this organisation to confirm if they are happy for us to include reference to them in our report.
Please note the survey is now closed. Thank you for taking the time to share your insights and experiences. In order to see the results once they are published, please sign up to our mailing list here.
Spread the word
We would be grateful if you could spread the word amongst colleagues in the sector who may also be interested in participating in the survey.
You are welcome to share this webpage or tweet @SMITF_Frontline using the hashtag #FrontlineWorkerSurvey. If you would like a communications pack featuring a newsletter blurb and other promotional resources, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.